Sunday, February 28, 2010

a great weekend

I've had a great weekend and I hope you have, too! We spent Friday evening with the kids - enjoying a really nice dinner and some awesome family time together - playing games and hanging out. Brian & I are so very blessed that our kids love hanging out with us!!
I haven't spent much time in my kitchen this weekend. But I will be working on posting recipes that my son, Matt, came up with Friday night. I'll let you know as soon as I get his recipes for creamed spinach, crab cakes & sauted shrimp. Everything was soooo good!
Let's talk spinach for a minute. I've been using fresh spinach in salads lately because a 9 oz bag of fresh spinach has only 4 net carbs. But I have never liked cooked spinach. My mother used to make cooked spinach frequently & I hated it. When I got married, I made the recipe for my husband because he loved it - but I wouldn't even try it! I guarantee that I would never have tried creamed spinach, except that Matt made it and I didn't want to hurt his feelings when he asked me to try it. Seriously, that's the only reason I tried it. So I took a little bite and was totally prepared to swallow it and tell him how good it was. But it was absolutely amazing. I had 2 helpings and then had the remaining leftovers last night for dinner.
And another thing that totally surprised me - our whole family loved it. I couldn't believe that Lori was even going to taste it, let alone eat 2 helpings of it and dip her other food in it! I was surprised that Bradley ate it, too. I will definitely be adding additional spinach recipes to the web site soon.
Well, according to my wonderful husband, I'm supposed to be relaxing and taking the day off - you'd think it was my birthday or something... So that's all for now. I'll be back tomorrow with some new recipes. Take care!!
One more thing, here's the link to our story posted in the local newspaper today & the video:
the article and the video

No comments:

Post a Comment