Thursday, February 18, 2010

ice cream & chinese food

Good evening! In my last post, I talked about my new ice cream recipe. Well, as you can probably guess, not every recipe is always going to turn out good. So much for my first try. My husband liked it but I thought it was too gritty. It had a really good taste, but there was that gritty texture. So I'll be working out the kinks to the recipe in the near future and as soon as I get it right, I'll post it:)
Well my low carb kitchen took a break for the night. We needed to make a trip to the grocery store in preparation for our interview tomorrow. So I suggested we go to the chinese restaurant near our supermarket. One of the reasons I really like going to this restaurant is because they have a grill and will cook your food for you. I also like it because they are very nice, it's very clean and even though we might only go there once every 4 to 6 weeks, they always remember what we like to drink.
For the grill, you fill a plate with uncooked vegetables and meat, let them know what kinds of spices and flavorings you'd like and they cook it for you on a grill. You can choose from fish, poultry, pork, beef, egg and bacon. Veggies include thin slices of celery (with just a tiny bit of carrot mixed in), mushrooms, broccoli, onion and I think that's about it. My favorite combination is celery, just a little onion, mushrooms, lots of shrimp & chicken. I have them cook it with garlic & low sugar soy sauce. Then I add a little bit of wasabi... delicious.
You know, sometimes you just need a break from the kitchen. And for me, I like to go to a restaurant that makes low carbing easy. Well, it's time for a little relaxation with my husband - we have a couple of our favorite tv shows on tonight. As for tomorrow, I'll post after our interview and let you know how that goes. I'm actually really looking forward to it!
Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment