Monday, March 1, 2010

new recipes, breakfast & carb-filled card board box

Good news - tomorrow my son Matt is coming over and he's going to write down the recipes he made over the weekend!! They were all so good and all so low carb, too. Plus he said he might even do some more cooking - sounds great to me.
Speaking of cooking, most mornings I start the day out in my kitchen - after getting ready for work. My daughter, Lori has started low carbing so I've been cooking breakfast for her each morning. Most mornings I've been fixing her a couple of slices of bacon and some eggs. I've also added cream cheese or Cabot's white vermont cheddar cheese. Both options are absolutely delicious added to eggs!
After getting Lori's breakfast going, I put on my espresso - I have an espresso maker the kids bought for me several years ago and I use it almost every day. I use about a 24 ounce cup with a lid, add about a 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream, 2 tablespoons of splenda and several handfuls of ice - then I add in my espresso and I enjoy the most amazing coffee drink all the way to work. I also prepare my breakfast, lunch and any snacks that I want for work. Usually my breakfast consists of eggs & cheese or a flax seed meal "cereal" concoction - you can find the recipe on the web site under breakfast, if you're interested.
For lunch, I usually take whatever is leftover from supper the night before or sometimes a salad or fish that I microwave. Most of the folks I work with brown bag it, too. But since it is the beginning of a new year, they're all starting D-I-E-T-S! And I mean every kind of diet you can think of but mostly the kind that requires them to warm a carb filled card board box. Later in the day, I hear them asking if anyone has candy!
Fortunately, after hearing our story, one of my coworkers is trying to maintain a low carb lifestyle. She's preparing to shop for her dress for her son's wedding. So she's been asking all kinds of questions and I'm really proud of her. Today, she said she didn't have time to make her breakfast so she walked across the street and bought eggs. She said she was really thirsty for some milk but when she checked the label and determined a little bitty carton of milk contained 11 net carbs - she said she'd rather save those carbs for peanut butter! I'll keep you posted on her progress.
I hope you've had a great day! It's time for me to retire to my kitchen and whip up a little something for supper. I'll catch you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment