Friday, February 5, 2010

takin' a break from the kitchen

It's been a long week and I'm ready for a break!  We may get some snow tonight but even though my groceries are running low, I just couldn't make myself go to the store after work today.  Of course, the store will be packed if there's a chance of snow because that's what everyone does around here when it's going to snow. 
Early last week, our forcast called for snow later in the week.  Well, about mid week I was reading a local news story about the bread factory and how they had started making extra bread so the stores wouldn't run out since there was a chance of snow.  They came up with a term for the stockpiles of bread - "snow bread" - isn't that crazy?!  I wonder if they stockpiled their low carb breads, too...
Today at work, they delivered free pizza to each department and encouraged departments to have carry-ins to bring in other "super bowl" types of food.  The day started out with one of our teams bringing in breakfast foods - bagels & doughnuts.  I took eggs with me for breakfast and thought I might top them with cream cheese from the bagels, but the cream cheese spreads were very sugary.  So I had plain eggs.  For lunch, along with the pizzas, there were chips, chips & more chips.  The selection went downhill from there but alas, someone brought in cheese!  So I had cheese & pepperoni for lunch - that was pretty good!
Okay, back to the kitchen, since I had no desire to stop at the grocery store or cook tonight, I needed an alternative for us for supper.  I still had pizza on my mind, so I placed an order for salads from one of our better pizza places in town.  I told them to hold the croutons, so our salads will be pretty low carb.  They use a lot of grated cheese on their salads - just the way I like them.  Oh, and I had them include 50 hot wings - I know they're low carb because I have their recipe :) 
My mouth is watering and the delivery man just pulled up.  Gotta go, see you back in the kitchen tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment