Wednesday, February 3, 2010

busy day, not much time for cooking

I knew today was going to be a hectic day..  What I didn't know was that I was going to have to do some work from home this evening.  I had to rush home and check my email to figure out when I would need to finish up.  So, instead of checking my email and then waiting until 9 pm to dial back in and finish up, I ended up working for a while before I started supper.
Thankfully, I was prepared to fix a quick and easy meal tonight.  A few minutes of prep & about 45 minutes of stirring occasionally resulted in a really nice meal.  We had an oriental beef dish with veggies.  The recipe is posted on the website under Other Recipes.
In the meantime, my husband, the burger lover that he is, fixed some burgers - stuffed with some of his favorite ingredients.  Last night, he cooked what I would consider over-dressed burgers.  Tonight he fixed 4 different kinds of burgers - bleu cheese, cheddar & bacon, jalapeno & cheddar and last, but not least, a burger stuffed with feta cheese.  Wow, they were great!  I thought we'd save them for supper tomorrow night, but that didn't work out.  I think there is one left!  Great job, Brian. I'll post his burger recipes later this week.
We had fun working in the kitchen together tonight & we weren't in there too long.  Lately, I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen working on low carb recipes.  I've been trying all sorts of new things so that I can provide lots of variety in the recipes I add to the website.  When Brian cooks he likes to have something fast and easy that he can fix.  Just keep in mind - low carb meals and cooking are all about being prepared.  I keep fish fillets & premade burgers in the freezer - 2 of Brian's favorite things to cook. 
Well, it's about time for me to dial in to work and finish up my work day.  Stayed tuned this week for more valentine's day recipes and maybe even some additional super bowl recipes - just in time for the big game!  And my mother-in-law's birthday - it's on Sunday, too.  I'm taking Matt's very, very spicy chili and company cheesecake - you can find the recipes on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment