Wednesday, February 24, 2010

birthdays and favorite foods

Good afternoon! Hope you’re having a great day. First of all I’d like to wish my wonderful husband a very, very happy birthday! I’m really looking forward to celebrating with him tonight!
When I was growing up, my mother always let us pick what we wanted for our birthday supper - which usually turned out to be our favorite food. My choice was always spaghetti! I still love spaghetti but I don't think I have eaten it for at least 3 yrs. Weird! I've tried to keep this tradition with my family. Sometimes our menus have been kind of strange - like the year we celebrated my son, Bradley's birthday with biscuits & gravy, Texas eggrolls, some other appetizers and an ice cream cake.
My husband's favorite food is meatloaf. I’ve decided since no one else in our family particularly likes meatloaf, I’m just going to make a special one for him! He’ll be ecstatic if he has leftovers for later in the week. For the rest of us, which includes my daughter, my sons and my sons’ band, we’ll be having burgers. Burgers made with ground beef & sausage – yummy!
To go with our meatloaf & burgers, I’ll also be making creamy mock mashed "potatoes" made with cauliflower. I think I might add some garlic and cheese to the "potatoes" and bake them for a bit. Also, I'm going to make spinach salad with warm bacon dressing. Last summer we had a gathering at a relative’s house, so I took a double batch of my spinach salad. I wasn’t sure if everyone would like it, but it disappeared so quickly that not everyone had a chance to try it! I’m also working on an idea for a dessert but I want to keep that a surprise…
My lunch break is up and it’s time for me to get back to work, especially since I’m planning on leaving a little early today. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment