Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday, birthdays & family time

Good evening! I'm so glad it's Friday & I'm so excited. Brian's birthday was Wednesday, my birthday is Sunday and the kids are here to help us celebrate. Matt's cooking - more on that in a bit - Anne Marie, my daughter-in-law, just walked in the door and they're both spending the night. It's going to be just like Christmas - they always spend the night with us on Christmas Eve!
So Matt's in my kitchen whipping up an amazing feast - all of which is very low carb. He's an absolutely awesome cook! Since I've been spending so much time in the kitchen lately, it's really special to have someone cook for me. He's been marinating steaks for hours. He just finished the crab cakes & creamed spinach. I snitched a bite of both and I was truly impressed! He's also fixing some kind of shrimp dish. For dessert, we're having leftover cheesecake. And all of this is very, very low carb!
It's been a very busy week. I'm excited about all of our new visitors to the website, blogs & facebook, too. I'm glad to see that so many other people are following or are interested in following a healthy low carb lifestyle. And now it's family time - we're going to eat and then play games all evening!! Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment