Monday, March 15, 2010

corned beef & cabbage - St. Patrick's Day is Wednesday!

Good evening! Hope you've had a good day! What a busy weekend. Saturday was especially fun - got to watch my husband play drums & sing with Natasha Neely. She did a great job. And the band sounded absolutely awesome! One of her backup singers, who also sang a couple of songs by herself, was on the soap opera "The Young & The Restless" when she was a child. How cool is that?
When we came home Saturday night, I headed straight for my low carb kitchen to get my brisket cooking. Oh, I forgot - first we had to stop on the way home to pick up a beer for the recipe. I was hoping to use an Irish beer, but they were all out. So I settled for another dark beer. Anyway, the recipe calls for beer but you can also use a non-alcoholic beer.
So with only 2 more days until St. Patrick's Day - I have finally added my latest recipe in honor of the special occassion. If you're looking for an Irish recipe for St. Patrick's Day I highly recommend this recipe for corned beef & cabbage.
My next series of recipes will be in honor of Easter. Traditionally, my family's main course is almost always ham & I have a great, easy recipe for baked ham. I learned this recipe from my mother. And speaking of my mother, after I got married & my parents were left with an empty nest, my mother started making homemade Easter candy. Solid chocolate eggs, peanut butter cups, white chocolate delicacies, and many more delicious treats. I inherited all of her molds so I'm thinking about trying to use them to create some low carb treats!
I wonder what I'll make... be sure and stay tuned for some treats that will be sure to satisfy your candy cravings! Well, it's time for me to go. Hope you have a great evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment