Saturday, March 13, 2010

green dream dessert & no/low carb snack ideas

Good Saturday morning! I hope your weekend is getting off to a great start! We have big plans today - my husband is performing (playing drums & singing backup vocals) with an up-and-coming country artist - Natasha Neely. I'll be going tonight to watch them, along with some of our family and friends. They'll be performing at Goldie’s Best Little Opryhouse in Owensboro, Kentucky at 7 p.m.
For the last couple of days I've been trying to figure out a computer problem, so I haven't spent too much time in my low carb kitchen. The computer problem is finally resolved - yeah! And I have a couple of new recipes for you. First of all, as promised here's my 3 ingredient green dessert that kids young and old are guaranteed to enjoy - St. Patrick's Day green dream dessert. Sugarfree jello, water & heavy whipping cream go together in less than 5 minutes, so there's not much prep time. I hope you give this a try & you enjoy it, too. Isn't it pretty?!
If you're looking for a "sweet" no carb snack, how about jello? I buy a package of 12 premade single serving, assorted flavors, sugar-free jello from my local grocery store. It's normally found in the dairy section. It's a quick, easy no carb snack. During the warmer months, I also use sugar-free jello frequently for other no/low carb desserts. I'll be posting some of these recipes soon.
I don't know about you, but I love jello - eating it kind of makes me feel like a kid again. I don't know if schools still serve jello, but as a child I remember our schools served it frequently. Although, I didn't particularly care for the jello with the shredded carrots in it... I think someone thought up that idea just to get kids to eat their carrots.
Speaking of kids, my daughter Lori, came up with a new recipe last night and it was so good, I've posted it on the website - pork rinds with pepperoni & cheese. Pork rinds are such a versatile no carb snack [be sure to check labels, some flavored pork rinds contain carbs.] When we first started our low carb lifestyle, we craved a crunchy, salty snack! I had never eaten pork rinds before but I decided to give them a try. At first, I'd have them with melted cheese or a dip because I wasn't really a big fan of them. Now, I really like pork rinds and always keep them on hand for a quick snack.
Well it's time for me to get a few things done this morning. I will be posting my corned beef & cabbage recipe later this weekend - just in time for St. Patrick's Day, which is this coming Wednesday. Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment