Monday, March 8, 2010

in the low carb kitchen with my husband...

Thank you to my wonderful husband for helping me cook this evening! Well, actually, he did most of the cooking - at least 95% of it! I am very blessed with a husband that likes to cook! One of his favorite things to cook is fried fish.
So, tonight, in my low carb kitchen, he whipped up a very nice meal which consisted of quick & easy tilapia, creamy coleslaw and a new Irish recipe - Irish heritage cabbage. This dish is traditionally made with Irish bacon, but I was unable to find Irish bacon, so I substituted regular bacon. If you decide to try the recipe and you're in my neck of the woods, so to speak, let me know where you find it because I'd love to try it. I researched the recipe and found that it is often served with red wine vinegar on the side. I love vinegar, but my husband, not so much! I had my vinegar on the side & he had his salt and pepper on top. After adding the vinegar to my cabbage, I didn't think it needed salt and I'm not a big fan of pepper, so I skipped the pepper.
I thought the recipe turned out great & the smell was wonderful! I love the aroma & taste of nutmeg - oh, did I tell you the recipe calls for nutmeg? Not something I would normally think of putting on cabbage, but it was really good. Here's a picture of our wonderful meal ~ doesn't it look great? Am I making your mouth water?

Well, I think it's time for a little TV with my husband. I'll be back with another low carb spin on a traditional Irish recipe tomorrow... not sure what it will be, yet, as I have quite a few more Irish recipes up my sleeve... see you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment