Tuesday, March 9, 2010

pelts in the fridge, pelts in the fridge, looking like a fool with your pelts in the fridge

I've had a pretty good day & I hope you have, too. This morning was pretty strange, though. I work in a large cubicle area - the office space is pretty big & the cubicles are very big, too. Our cubicles are separated by dividers that are about 6 feet tall. So you can't see all the way through the room. So, not everyone knew what occurred but I guarantee by the end of the day the word got out!
My desk area is 3 rows of cubicles away from our kitchenette. Typically in the morning there is a lot of traffic flowing through our kitchenette with folks getting coffee and whipping up a little breakfast. I was just working away this morning when I overheard one of my coworkers saying something to another coworker and at first I thought she was kidding. Until she said something like I'm not kidding and something about this being an office or workplace.
Being my normal curious self, I had to figure out what was going on. So here's what all the commotion was about - one of my male coworkers brought in a large plastic trash sack that was about 2/3's full of animal pelts. And yes, I did say animal pelts. The problem was, he decided to place them in our freezer!! Yuck!! Long story short, the pelts were almost immediately removed from the freezer and returned to the owner, in order for them to be removed from the premises.
What a day! But one of the best parts of my day is that my husband was more than willing to whip up a new recipe tonight for supper. Okay, he did say as long as it wasn't some kind of "crazy" recipe. I think to him "crazy" means lots of prep and steps involved. The recipe was for Irish pork & cabbage soup. The recipe calls for pork breakfast sausage & while that was browning, my husband chopped the vegetables. As soon as the pork was browned, you simply dump in the liquid, spices and veggies. The soup only took about 25 minutes to cook and the flavor was delicious. Sorry, folks, no pictures tonight. We were too hungry to eat!
I think tomorrow night, I'll probably be in my low carb kitchen cooking up another recipe for St. Patrick's Day. I think I might try a dessert that will please even the most finicky kids & it'll be green, too. And, of course, it will be extremely low carb but the kids won't even notice. I also guarantee it will be super easy with only a few ingredients. Are you intrigued?
I hope so! It's time for me to go. Hope you have a nice evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment