Wednesday, March 17, 2010

the boys are back in town

So happy tonight:) My sons' band, Be My Doppelganger, is going on tour on Friday. Their drummer moved about 2 months ago - from Evansville, Indiana to Reno, Nevada. We sure have missed him! He flew in yesterday so that they could all practice for a couple of days before heading out on their 2 week tour.
So they all met here this afternoon to get in some practice time. They also brought my favorite daughter-in-law with them. Okay, she's my only daughter-in-law and I love hanging out with her. Also, Dave from St. Louis is here - he's going on tour with the boys.
We love it when the boys come over to practice. I call them boys although the youngest is 21! I really enjoy hanging out and visiting with them and I love to cook for them, too. Normally, in my low carb kitchen, I fix something ahead of time - usually one of their favorites like spicy pork loin - it's cooked in a slow cooker with jalapenos. Between the 4 of them, they can devour a 4 to 5 lb pork loin in a matter of a couple of hours.
But, I didn't plan ahead today, so instead I made easy baked pork loin, sauerkraut, a tossed spinach salad & creamy mock mashed "potatoes" made with cauliflower. I added a couple of handfuls of shredded cheddar cheese to the cauliflower after one of the boys in the band, Ryan Dunn aka Fun Dunn, asked if I was making the cauliflower with cheese - he was so excited. They all loved the meal including my husband and daughter. I think they all went back for seconds.
Now that they're finished eating I better go check on the state of the kitchen and get it cleaned up. Have a great evening! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment