Tuesday, March 2, 2010

very thankful today!

Hope you've had a good day - I certainly have. I wasn't really looking forward to today because I had an all day meeting scheduled from 8 am to 5 pm. Everything was going ok until about 8:45 when I received a call on my cell phone from my sister-in-law. Usually if she wants to tell me something during the work day, she'll email me. Immediately I was concerned & thought something might be wrong with my Dad.
I left the meeting room and answered the call. She wanted to let me know my brother, Donnie, was in the hospital. The cell phone reception in the building was bad, so the call kept cutting out - all I understood was something about a new motorcycle, 4 broken ribs and a broken clavicle. We got cut off. She didn't answer when I called back so I was extremely concerned. Shortly thereafter, my brother called with some witty remark - I could tell the pain meds were working pretty well.
Fortunately, I was able to make a break in my meetings to go visit with him. He is so lucky. He "laid the harley down" and then got back on it and rode it home. After my sister-in-law got home and realized he could only lift an arm high enough to get a cigarette to his mouth - she made him go to the emergency room. That's my tough brother! Seriously, he was very lucky, no helmet & he also has a big patch of raw skin on the side of his head. I'm so thankful he's going to be okay!
While I was visiting, my sister-in-law, Patti told me that they've been trying some of our recipes. She said they had the crispy fried tilapia the other night and she said it was great. She talked about other recipes they're gonna try. Also, one of the ladies I met with today, said she saw the newspaper article and emphasized that she even read it. Then my coworker that I talked about yesterday, Brenda, said that I'm trying to help everyone to work on a low carb lifestyle. She also added that she fixed fried chicken parmesan for her family for supper last night. She's told me before that her family loves this recipe. Too cool!
Today, my husband talked to someone at our bank branch about our article and living low carb. Then he went to a local gift shop and the person working at the counter recognized him and asked him some questions. My son, Bradley went to the post office and someone asked if he was related to us. That sparked yet another conversation about low carb! I'm so happy we are able to help other people that are interested in our healthy low carb lifestyle.
I almost forgot, here's 2 new recipes: cauliflower "hashbrown" casserole and
creamed spinach. I hope you have a chance to try them! Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment