Saturday, March 6, 2010

warmer weather & new recipes

Good evening! What a day, the weather was absolutely beautiful here today and I am really looking forward to more warm, sunny days. It was so nice today that we worked in the backyard for hours. We had a couple of tree stumps - one was about 4 feet tall and the other was over 7 feet tall - that we worked on cutting down. The stumps were left over from trees that had to be massively trimmed thanks to bad storms last summer & fall. My husband and I really didn't mind the work because the weather was so nice!
To start off our day, I whipped up a breakfast casserole in my low carb kitchen. With only 3 ingredients + salt & pepper, it only took about 5 minutes of prep work, 30 minutes to bake, a few more minutes to eat and ZERO net carbs per serving. It was very good and my husband and daughter really enjoyed it! Paired with a strong cup of expresso with heavy whipping cream & sweetened with splenda - this started off my day just right!
The weather was so nice, I just couldn't stand the thought of starting off the day in the house, so I jumped at the chance to ride with my husband to neighboring Newburgh, Indiana. While he setup his drums for his gig this evening, I took a leisurely stroll along the riverfront.
For dinner this evening, it was burgers for my husband, cheese for me & chicken nachos for my daughter. I've been using low carb tortillas for years and, luckily, my local grocery store started carrying them. Yeah! We use the tortillas for wraps, breakfast burittos or quesadillas, tortilla chips, tacos, nachos, etc.
One more thing, I've had people stop & ask me or email me about the beans that were shown in our video (courtesy of our local newspaper). The beans are black soy beans. I've emailed the recipe to several readers, and wanted to make sure I posted it as soon as possible. You can find the recipe for mexican-style black soy beans here.
Thanks so much for all your emails and well wishes! Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment