Sunday, April 11, 2010

yard work & quick recipes using leftovers

Good Sunday morning! What a beautiful day - sunny with a high of 76 degrees. We did a lot of yard work in our front yard yesterday & today we'll be working in our back yard - it's great to be outside when the weather is so nice. Although I worked so hard yesterday that I can hardly move today, but that's okay too. It feels good to have a nice workout.
Yesterday, I whipped up something really good for my husband for lunch, in my low carb kitchen. As I have said before, I like cooking a little extra so that there are leftovers to use later in the week. Using my leftovers from the very tender steaks recipe that I made earlier in the week, I made bleu cheese steak wraps. The wraps are assembled quickly using all premade ingredients. I'll soon be adding a category on the web page for wraps, since I have so many recipes to share.
And for supper, we had leftovers again. We had baked country style boneless [pork] ribs - I sliced the ribs into thin pieces and served them cold with Chinese hot chili sauce. This sauce contains only 1 net carb per teaspoon. I can't imagine that you would want to use more than 1 teaspoon per serving because this stuff is really hot. But the flavor is delicious. Be sure to serve the sauce on the side, if you try it! We also had freshly shredded cabbage topped with sweet mayo dressing. This was the perfect easy supper to enjoy after working so hard in the yard all day.
Well it's time for me to get busy ~ laundry, church, lunch & then yard work. I hope you have a great day!! I'll see you tomorrow. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment