Tuesday, April 6, 2010

spring days, fresh spinach & spicy deviled eggs

Good day! I hope you’ve had a great day so far! I think we have had the most perfect spring weather today – it’s very sunny, fairly warm for this time of year and the wind is pretty strong. Actually, our area is under a high wind advisory and a fire advisory for the day. Even with the advisories, it is absolutely wonderful outside today. Just don’t try to burn anything outdoors, if you are in our area! And you should be prepared for strong spring storms tomorrow. I hope it’s nice in your area today, too!
In my low carb kitchen, we’ve been whipping up a few new recipes. One of my new favorites is a recipe my husband developed cooked fresh spinach. It’s made with spinach, bacon, onion & garlic. I really think my husband could live on bacon alone. He also loves to cook with it, too. We’ve been using fresh spinach for most of our salads lately. One of the reasons I’ve been using it so much is because a 9 oz bag contains only 4 net carbs. Another reason – spinach is really, really good for you. And fresh spinach really doesn’t taste anything like the canned spinach my mother used to make – yuck! Sorry, Mom!! Spinach is also very versatile – in addition to salads, you can use it on a low carb sandwich, in low carb wraps or you could try this delectable recipe for creamed spinach, which I had previously blogged about. Still, it deserves mentioning again because it is absolutely wonderful!
So, do you still have leftover boiled eggs from Easter? Or are you looking for a spicy recipe for deviled eggs? Either way, I hope you’ll give this recipe for spicy deviled eggs a try – it’s made with my new horsey sauce recipe. You can make this recipe ahead of time for your spring & summer get togethers – barbecues, picnics, etc. As I said yesterday, I just love horseradish, although I used to not be a big fan of it. Isn’t it funny how your taste buds change? Anyway, I’ve been thinking of all kinds of different ways to spice things up! Stay tuned for some more spicy recipes to be posted later!
I hope you have a nice evening. I’m posting a little earlier than usual today because tonight I will be celebrating my 31st wedding anniversary with my husband. Happy anniversary, honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment