Tuesday, April 13, 2010

herb baked salmon & salads

Good afternoon! Hope all is well with you this afternoon! It’s another beautiful day here in the Ohio River valley – sunny, warm, spring flowers sprouting everywhere. I hope you're enjoying beautiful spring weather, too.
Last night, we ended up having a late dinner due to my daughter and husband attending waltz practice at school. Our high school prom starts out with students waltzing with their parents, while their families are allowed to watch. It’s a pretty cool tradition. In addition to getting to see all of the kids in the prom attire, we get to see all of the decorations and everything setup for the prom. We also take lots of pictures & we bring home a lot of memories, too. Anyway, in order to waltz, you have to attend practice twice a week for 3 weeks. I think my husband is having a little bit of a problem with last night’s lesson, so I’m guessing they’ll be doing a little practicing tonite.
Okay, let’s get down to my newest recipes. While my husband & daughter were gone to practice last night, the first recipe I whipped up in my low carb kitchen was herb baked salmon. This recipe takes about 5 minutes of prep work, 1 hour or so to marinate & 35 to 45 minutes to bake. It was absolutely delicious! I left the skin on the bottom of the salmon until after baking – the fish was so tender the skin peeled off very easily. By the next time I make this recipe, maybe I will be able to cook the fish on my new grill.
Along with our salmon, we had a nice fresh spinach salad topped with feta cheese & balsamic vinegar & olive oil. The two new recipes went very well together and made an excellent meal. My husband & daughter both had dessert, too – low carb frozen fudgsicle – yummy! Only 3 net carbs.
Since my daughter is not a big fan of fish, even though she did try the salmon, I made something special for her. A fried chicken salad made with my fried chicken parmesan recipe. I only cooked one chicken breast using less olive oil & parmesan cheese than what the recipe calls for & I also cut it into large bite size pieces. The chicken cooked quicker than it would have if cut into strips and it was easier to eat in a salad. I don’t know about you but I don’t really care to have to cut my salad into bite size pieces in order to eat it. I placed the chicken on a bed of fresh spinach leaves topped with feta & ranch dressing. She loved it!
I’m not sure what I’ll be making tonight but I hope my family likes whatever I decide to whip up as much as they like what we had last night. I just love when we’re sitting down to eat and I hear the nice compliments and the oooo’s and ahhh’s. Hopefully, my oldest son, Matt will be joining us tonight for dinner. Well, it's time for me to go. I hope you have a nice evening! See you tomorrow! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment